Unicorns vs. Stallions: Are We Thinking About Defense Tech Investing Wrong?
- 2 PM - 2:50 PM | Antone's
Success in venture capital is often measured by a portfolio company achieving ‘Unicorn’ status (the company being valued at over $1B). As VCs invest more heavily in defense tech and the U.S. government cultivates increased commercial technology into its ecosystem, this conversation will explore whether this indicator—or one that promotes an abundance of strong companies exiting into primes and integrating capabilities—will lead to the transformation the defense sector is in dire need of. With participant experience across Congress, VC-backed defense tech companies, venture capital firms, and the military, this will be a can’t-miss conversation.
- Tyler Sweatt, CRO at Second Front Systems
- Tyler Rowe, Principal at AEI HorizonX
- William ‘Mac’ Thornberry (Congress) Former Chairman of the House Armed Services Committee
- Aniza Brown, Executive Director of Catalyst Campus Ogden, Founder of the Rosie Project
- James Cross: Co-Head of Private Investing at Franklin Templeton
- Sam Gray, Executive Director at Silicon Valley Defense Group
16th Floor - Antone's
Date + Time
Saturday, March 11
2 PM - 2:50 PM
Amazon Web Services
Second Front Systems